The combo module, LM811, Wif + Bluetooth 4.0 dual at HCI level, is 100% compatible with the 802.11b / g / n standard and Bluetooth classic + EDR v2.1, v3.0 and v4.0 along with Bluetooth Smart (BLE 4.0). It uses Realtek’s 8723BU chipset, which allows the LM811’s Bluetooth to be compatible with the latest versions of Android v4.4, the Linux kernel v4.3.6.
The module can also be used in low-power working modes. And it has intelligent Wifi / Bth coexistence mechanisms that make it ideal for multiple applications.
It has the certifications FCC and CE, in addition to the own ones of the Bluetooth SIG. In addition to being a module of long availability, with an estimated lifetime of 7 years (until 2021).
- Supports the following WiFi standards: 802.11 b / g / n / d / e / h / i
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Class 1 – up to 3Mbps; Bluetooth 3.0; Bluetooth 4.0 Dual Mode (Classic & Le)
- WiFi WPA / WPA2 Certification
- USB interface with host
- Supports sophisticated WiFi / BT coexistence mechanisms
- Adaptive low power modes for Bluetooth
- Compatible with Android 4.4 and Linux Kernel v4.3.6